Key Stage 3 Drama
Key Stage 3 Drama is a period of exploration and experiment; Drama aims for both practical skills and confidence to increase. A deeper appreciation and understanding of Drama can be experienced through games, activities and fun packed schemes of work such as Commedia Dell Arte, Physical Theatre and Radio Drama. The students will also learn about the technical aspects of theatre exploring lighting and sound. There really is something for everyone on the Drama course and it plays such a vital role in developing the students’ physical, emotional, social and cognitive development.
What skills does Drama enhance?
- Meeting deadlines
- Working in a group
- Being sensitive to an issue
- Being organised
- Developing language/vocabulary
- Selecting material
Key Stage 3 Drama offers:
- Increased knowledge of the medium of Drama
- Pupils shape, express and share their ideas
- Make use of language, space, symbol, allegory and metaphor
- Explore specific theatrical techniques
- Explore the historical, social and cultural context of Drama
- Pupils explore other times and cultures, relating this to their own environment